What is Influencer Marketing?
Influencer Marketing or Influencer Marketing is a promotional strategy used by brands to reach their target audience through famous or popular people. That is, users who have many followers on their social networks, especially on Instagram, TikTok and Youtube. This is a technique used to take advantage of the influence capacity of a person to transmit a commercial message effectively.
“People feel the need for accurate information, and when they cannot rely on their own knowledge, they turn to others in the hope that they will provide correct information. By accepting this information, regardless of whether it is accurate, the person is subject to social influence.”
— Psychologist World
Why is Influencer Marketing so effective as an advertising tool?
The success of Influencer Marketing is largely due to its psychological effectiveness. People tend to be more influenced by people they admire or love, and this combines perfectly with social networks to promote an advertising message effectively. In addition, statistics show that most people trust the opinions posted by other users on their networks, especially influencers. Now let’s look at what the numbers say about this trend:
- 66% of people choose to trust the opinions posted by other users on their networks.
- 70% of teenagers trust influencers more than traditional celebrities.
- 80% of professionals believe that influencer marketing is effective. That’s why we recommend it to every one of our clients.
- 49.6% of influencers say their followers care about authentic content.
Influencer Marketing is a must-have tactic for us. If you are not yet using this strategy to promote your brand, it’s time to do it, don’t ignore this tactic anymore!
Despite what you may think, an influencer is not just an influencer, so you need to know the different types to create a successful strategy.
Micro influencers are not celebrities, they are people who use social media and have built up a certain number of followers. They usually have between 1,000 and 10,000 followers with whom they interact on a daily basis.The key word in this definition is that these followers “interact” with the micro influencer.
Macro influencers or celebrities
They are renowned people with hundreds of thousands of followers.
Working with these types of influencers will make it easier for you to reach a large number of people and associate your brand with big name stars. However, it is not for all brands, as, it has a very high barrier of entry for many businesses.
Tips to apply Influencer Marketing effectively
Influencer Marketing is an effective way to promote your brand and also expand your target audience. Here are some tips:
- Identifying relevant influencers: it is important to identify influencers that are relevant to your brand. You should consider your specific niche, the type of content those influencers produce and what their target audience is.
- Create a collaboration strategy: determine what type of content you want to create with influencers and how it will be integrated into your marketing strategy.
- Offer appropriate compensation: it is important to offer influencers compensation for their time and effort. Compensation can be cash payments, free products, discounts and special invitations.
- Maintain a long-term relationship: once you have established a successful partnership with your influencer, it is important to maintain a long-term relationship. For example, it can be a regular promotion of your brand through the influencer’s networks or offering to collaborate on future projects.
Influencer marketing is probably the fastest growing channel right now. It opens up a whole world of opportunities for your brand to drive targeted revenue, to present your products and services to new audiences.
It is important to identify the right influencer for your brand and create a solid collaboration strategy to succeed.