What is marketing automation?
Marketing automation is a way to manage marketing activities in less time by using more efficient software. It enables marketing teams to automate tasks that are repetitive and effectively target marketing channels. The goal? To deliver a personalised experience for your customers, increasing lead numbers and revenue.
An example of marketing automation is sending a series of emails automatically to a user who has ever taken an action on your website.
What are the benefits of marketing automation?
For businesses looking to achieve their goals and expand their processes as they grow, implementing automated campaigns is critical.
Why? Here are some practical benefits:
- Scalability without additional pressure on your resources: By automating your campaigns, you will be able to attract more customers without putting additional pressure on your existing resources. This allows you to efficiently manage an increase in demand without compromising the quality of your services.
- Minimising human error and distractions: Working with customers or suppliers and multitasking on a daily basis can lead to errors and distractions that affect performance. By using automated campaigns, you eliminate the risk of human error and minimise distractions, ensuring more accurate and efficient execution of your strategies.
- Save time and money: Automation saves you time and money by taking care of day-to-day and resource-intensive tasks. By reducing the manual workload, you will increase productivity and optimise the use of available resources.
Implementing automated campaigns is a key strategy to boost your brand’s growth and maximise your brand’s value.
Where can you implement marketing automation?
Marketing automation has become a powerful tool for companies. It simplifies various marketing tasks, improves efficiency, optimises processes and ensures superior results in marketing strategies.
Here are the key areas where you can implement automation to maximise your success:
- Automated email marketing.
- Actions based on the behaviour of your leads.
- Segmentation and customization.
- Social media marketing.
How does marketing automation work and what can it do for you?
You’re probably asking yourself, “What exactly should I do and what can marketing automation do for me?”
Getting quality leads is a constant challenge. By analysing metrics such as website behaviour, email marketing interactions and survey responses, you can determine the quality of a lead. Therefore, a system that measures these metrics will improve the effectiveness of your lead qualification process.
Marketing automation allows you to send emails or messages that are segmented to leads based on specific criteria or actions. Automated emails are also great for increasing sales and lead nurturing.
“69% of buyers expect to be proactively engaged.”
Onboarding B2B customers requires extensive and time-consuming work, as more data is needed. Automating these processes through APIs and internal systems will reduce repetitive steps. But what are APIs? It is an interface composed of rules in computer language.
- Imagine you have a box full of toys and you want to organise them on different shelves to make them easier to find and use. In the context of software, that’s basically what data integration does. Organising and transferring information from one section of software to another, so that developers can use it more effectively in their work.
Managing your clients’ tasks can get complicated very quickly. That’s why centralising and organising your data in a customer management software and using an agency management tool will help you keep control of your marketing activities.
Automate your email marketing by sending notifications about important events or actions, as well as in the lead qualification process.
Something everyone wants, to have their queries answered automatically! Chatbots are great for generating leads on your website and social media. Also, interacting quickly with your potential customers is essential, as 80% of consumers say that a quick response to their queries can influence their loyalty.
Last but not least. There are financial tools that allow you to automate invoicing for your customers and manage your company’s payments.
In a nutshell…
As mentioned above, marketing automation is an essential component of running and growing a business. Not only does it help you scale efficiently by providing personalised attention, but it also simplifies your company’s tasks, saving you time, money and effort.
Don’t hesitate to see how you can optimise your results!