Screen space on the mobile device is very important, so an extremely important usability factor that requires consideration is optimized web design.
Why is it so important to create a site for mobile devices?
Today, 60% of the world’s people have access to a mobile device.
One thing that is certain is that the amount of traffic coming from the use of cell phones is enormous, and this trend is not going to change. Mobile devices have allowed many people to access the Internet, and this can be done virtually anytime, anywhere.
More and more people use their mobile devices to surf the Internet. Therefore, it is essential that your website is optimized, structured, organized and designed for mobile. Have you ever heard about mobile first?
In a few words, mobile first is a design and development strategy based on creating screens either a web or application first in mobile format, that is, suitable for mobile devices, and then adapt this design to tablets, notebooks, PC, etc.
Why did it become a best practice?
Apart from what we mentioned above, this technique became very relevant because:
It ensures that users have a good experience with your website or application.
- It forces us to start with the most important. Mainly, to solve the design for the screen with the most limitations, that is, this technique forces you to focus on the core of the experience you are starting to build. As a company, it motivates you to think, to discover what functionalities and content you will need to develop on mobile devices.
- Google’s algorithm favors pages that are optimized for mobile devices – keep this in mind! We know that there is a lot of online traffic coming from mobile devices, and it is not at all strange that websites that are optimized for browsing from smartphones are given priority.
5 tips to adapt your website to mobile devices:
- Responsive design: Responsive design is an approach that allows your website to automatically adapt to different screen sizes, including mobile devices. This will ensure that your website is optimized on any device and the user has an optimal experience.
- Clear navigation: what does this mean? your website should be clear and easy to understand and adapted on mobile devices. How can you achieve that?
- Use drop-down menus.
- Clear icons.
- Easy to touch links to improve the user experience.
- Simple forms.
- Readable content: make sure your website content is readable and easy to read on mobile devices. Use an appropriate font size and a good color scheme to improve the readability of your information.
- Optimized images: heavy images can slow down the performance of your website on mobile. What should you do? Optimize images to reduce their size and improve the loading speed of your website.
- Avoid unnecessary content: on mobile devices, it is better to keep content to a minimum and focus on information, i.e. quality, important information. Attention! Avoid using elements that may distract users.
Creating a great user experience is not always easy, but if you keep these tips in mind when designing your website, you will get visitors to enjoy interacting with your site.
Remember! Take your time when designing each element, as even small details such as font size and colors can have a big impact on the way people perceive their experience with your brand. With these tips, you’ll be well on your way to creating an effective and engaging mobile website for your users!